Friday, November 30, 2012

Testing the Nikon S2 with Jupiter 12 lens
























I discovered my recently acquired Nikon S2 needed some shutter and minor rangefinder adjustments so off it went to DAG Camera Repairs for service. I also was able to find a Jupiter-12, a Zeiss Biogon clone, 35mm f2.8 lens for it. I'm very happy with the results of the first test roll. DAG did a good job servicing the camera and although the Jupiter-12 has a Kiev/Contax mount, it worked very well with the S2 producing very sharp images with good colors. Film; Fuji Superia 400



2 comments:

  1. Super results from that combination. I haven't seen it done before and assumed that some adjustment would be necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Jupiter-12 with a Kiev/Contax mount worked properly without any adjustments at all. I read some comments from other forums that it sometimes could be a tight fit but mine mounted easily on my S2 without any problems. I have another J-12 with a Leica tread mount and it also produced superb images. I think it is a very underrated lens and could be had for a bargain.

    ReplyDelete